Pages

1/10/2011

In the Quiet of the Storm




In the Quiet of the Storm...

...He speaks. Can you hear him? 

If you listen carefully, you can hear His whispers. His gentle nudges. 

                        He stilled the storm to a whisper. Psalm 107:29

The Quiet Sound of Snow...

Being a southern girl, born and raised in Georgia and now living in Atlanta, I just can't help but feel like a kid again when we have a major snow and ice storm. I love a good snowstorm. They don't happen very often, but when they do, there is just something about the quietness of the snow falling that I just love. 
Have you ever just listened to the quiet sound of the snow? Especially late at night!
It is the most peaceful, quiet sound I have ever heard. There are no birds chirping, no squirrels running, no cars, no horns...just quiet!!

I started thinking today that maybe the reason I love the snow so much is because we are all home, spending quality time together as a family. No one has to go to work and school. No appointments, Only a feeling of contentment and quiet. So, maybe sending the snow storm is God's way of just slowing us down. It is His gift to us to just sit back and relax and enjoy the quiet and family. Rest and be still! 

Such are the storms of life...

I was thinking earlier this morning how a snowstorm is similar in so many ways to a life storm. Like a snowstorm, a life storm can immobilize you. It  can give you a feeling of being stuck and it may give you a feeling of anxiousness and  loss of control. But, maybe the life storms are God's way of telling you to just slow down and be still! And while you are still, seek Him, cry out to Him  and listen! Listen to Him in the quiet of the life storm!! 

What do you hear when you seek Him? When you really listen?? 
Do you hear His peace and quiet? If you really slow down, seek and  listen you will hear Him! 

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart Jeremiah 29:13

Don't wait for a life storm to experience His quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment