When I just don’t think I have enough for the day-
Some days are just hard. And then that one day can turn into another day and then another. Consecutive days of hard. Those are the days when you just don’t think you have enough left to give. There is nothing left in the tank. It is flat on empty.
I have been experiencing a lot of those days lately as a caregiver to my mom. For me. this means traveling 5 hours, back and forth, often, to be with her and love up on her. Just being her comfort and advocate. This time with my mom is very precious to me, but it can be quite draining. Its a roller coaster. Up and down. One day, I told a very dear friend that I just didn’t think I had it in me anymore. I just didn’t think I could do it. I was emotionally spent, exhausted and my heart was breaking for her. My friend reminded me that I had 'just enough' for the day. YES!! That’s what I needed to hear. Just a few simple words with deep meaning. "Enough for the day."
Just enough.
Enough energy. Enough compassion. Enough patience. Enough strength. Enough courage. Enough love. Enough comfort. Enough God.
I was immediately reminded of the Israelites as they were in the wilderness. God provided them manna for each day. He provided them "just enough”.

Just enough food. Enough nourishment for one day. He knew exactly how much they needed. Exactly. Sustenance, nourishment, Manna...enough for every hour of every day. Day by day. For as long as they needed it. And a double portion on the 6th day! Did you know that? God gave them exactly enough.
Know that God says...
I will give you just enough...
So, when those hard days come…Be still and know.
Just enough.
Enough energy. Enough compassion. Enough patience. Enough strength. Enough courage. Enough love. Enough comfort. Enough God.
I was immediately reminded of the Israelites as they were in the wilderness. God provided them manna for each day. He provided them "just enough”.

Just enough food. Enough nourishment for one day. He knew exactly how much they needed. Exactly. Sustenance, nourishment, Manna...enough for every hour of every day. Day by day. For as long as they needed it. And a double portion on the 6th day! Did you know that? God gave them exactly enough.
Know that God says...
I will give you just enough...
So, when those hard days come…Be still and know.
Know that God says...
I will rain down a potpourri of manna for you. For whatever you need for today. I am giving it to you. Open up your fists. Raise up your hands.
Hold them out.
Hold them out.
Let the manna fall into your palms. Know that I have sent it to you. This is your nourishment for the day. Lift up your face and let the manna rain down on you. Drink abundantly. When you feel like your strength is all dried up..look up and receive my strength. I will not withhold it from you. It is like the morning dew. I give you water for your thirst. I will revive you. I will quench your thirst.
I will give you just enough..
I will give you just enough..
Know that God says…
Know that God says...
I will give you enough manna for each day. Whatever you need. Just enough. For as long as your need it!
Because, Know this....
I am ...
Because, Know this....
I am ...
So, what is your Manna? Your need? Lift up your hands open your palms, gather HIS manna and rest in Him!




No comments:
Post a Comment