Growing Generations of Grace
Never have I been more confident in my life of this fact: Children's Ministry is one of the most, if not the most, important ministry in today's church.
I have just returned from the funeral of one of the precious kids in our Children's Ministry. This was the very first funeral of a child that I have been to. He was just 7 years old. The simplicity of who he was, his innocence and purity, really hit home to me. The innocence of a child, climbing trees, playing air hockey, dancing around just for the fun of it, chewing gum and playing with his friends. He was a child full of love and life. A child filled with love for Christ, not the worries of this world. It was not about his work or his accomplishments as it usually is when an older person passes away. It was about his heart. It was about his love for life and his family. His love for God. He probably touched more people in his short 7 years than many of us have, or will, touch our whole lives. His parents raised an incredible young man!
I am so glad that our Children's Ministry had the opportunity to partner with this family in the spiritual development of this precious child of God. If you serve as a teacher or shepherd in a kids class, do you realize just how important it is that God is using you to shape and mold His children for His kingdom? Do you realize how HUGE that is? HUGE!!! And although you really may never get to see the rewards of the seeds you are planting and cultivating, you are influencing the future leaders of God's church. You are making a much bigger impact on the lives of the kids you lead than you may ever know, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU! Thank you for pouring your heart into the lives of these blessed children! You are so valuable to the children you lead and you are so valuable to Jesus!
I have never been more sure of the role that I play in God's plan for His children and His kingdom than I am at this moment. It became clear to me today just how important the role we play in Children's Ministry is. It's everything! You are "Growing Generations of Grace"!
Kudos to all of you blessed servants of children's ministry! You fill my heart as you touch lives that will touch lives that will touch lives!!
Father God, May Your Kingdom Come, may Your will be done!
Serving Him with you,
Lori
No comments:
Post a Comment