How do you show appreciation to your #kidmin volunteers?
Since Valentine's Day is next Monday, I thought this would be a great opportunity to show our team how much they are appreciated. We have about 70 Small Group Leaders on our K-5 Team. They work hard, really, really hard, and I just want them to know how thankful I am for their hard work.
I came up with the slogan, "Thank You For Your Heart Work". I know that they are planting the seeds in the hearts of the kids and I know that they put their whole heart into the kids so I thought it was kind of a catchy slogan.
I decided to bake brownies and I found the cutest Wilton Heart Combo Cutter at JoAnn's that was absolutely perfect for making heart shaped brownies.

The best part of the project was definitely trying to figure out how to present the brownies in a cute way.
I cut out a bunch of hearts from red card stock and wrote the slogan on each of them. I used CD Sleeves which I found at Target and put the hearts on the sleeves using small round circle stickies. Here is how it looked:

I actually decided to do cookies as well as brownies since I had so many to make. Here is the finished project:

Total cost for this project was less than 20.00!!!
I hope this makes their heart smile!! I can't wait to hear what you are doing for your volunteers or your family and friends for Valentine's Day! Post a comment below and let me know!!
Have a blessed day!
Running with Him,
Lori




No comments:
Post a Comment