When I get tired and bored with my house, the first thing I usually do is run to the paint store and load up on color swatches and color books. Blues, greens, whites, browns, grays, yellows and golds. There are so many colors to choose from. I bring all the swatches home and start taping them to the wall. I know my husband is thinking, "Oh goodness, here she goes again". By the time I am done my wall looks like a forest of trees in autumn! I sit back and analyze the wall. Which color looks good in the light? Which color goes with the furniture? Which color makes me happy? Usually, the BOLD colors are the ones that make me happy! But, you know what? I am always a bit fearful to paint the walls a BOLD color! Why? I like bold! Why can't I just go for it and fill the walls full of amazing bold "wow colors" instead of going with the neutral colors? Because, the neutral route is safe! You know what I mean, don't you? The neutral route can also be bland, blah and boring! I don't want boring! I want BOLD! I want bold walls. You know what else I want? I want to live a BOLD life. I want to be BOLD in my walk with God as well! I don't want to take the boring route with God. God didn't call me to be a boring christian, He called me to be a BOLD christian!
The term BOLD is defined as courageous and daring, not hesitating, adventurous. To be BOLD for God is something we should all strive be! Boldness is available to us through the power of the Holy Spirit indwelling in us. That's right, we have access to HOLY BOLDNESS! How awesome is that? HOLY BOLDNESS empowers us to step out in unwavering confidence so that we can fulfill our God-Given purpose. Ephesians 3:12 states that we have boldness and confident access to God because of our faithfulness through Christ. God doesn't want us to walk in hesitation! He wants us to trust Him and walk forward boldly and without hesitation! God wants us to:
- Pray Boldly
- Study His Word Boldly
- Worship Boldly
- Seek Him Boldly
- Listen Boldly
- Obey Boldly
- Trust Boldly
- Walk Boldly
- Speak Boldly
Being bold in our spiritual life will equip us to step confidently with Him as we serve our families, parent our children, love up on our neighbors and serve our communities. We have the power to proclaim the kingdom of God and the teachings of Christ with complete boldness and without restriction. (Acts 28:31) We have access to HOLY BOLDNESS through the spirit of God who will confidently empower us to complete our God-Given purpose. He will give our souls the strength to be bold. (Psalm 138:3 ESV) Soul strength! I LOVE the promise of that!! I want Bold Soul Strength!! Don't you? Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go paint the world with HOLY BOLDNESS for God!! You won't regret it and He will bless you for it!!
Oh, by the way, I did choose the BOLD paint color for my room and I LOVE it!!


No comments:
Post a Comment