Pages

1/18/2010


5/31/2009

My True Hero

What does Memorial Day mean to you? Is it a day that you remember a loved one lost while serving for our country? Is it a day in which you are missing a loved one currently serving in the military far away from home?  Does it mean grilling out and spending time at the beach or with friends? Is it a bittersweet day for you, or a day when you feel blessed , safe and secure in the thought that many are fighting and sacrificing for your freedom? When I think about freedom and the heroes that have sacrificed and lost their lives for it, I am reminded of what true freedom is and also what a true hero is. Did you know that true freedom is found in only one way? True freedom is found through a loving relationship with Jesus Christ, my true hero.. As I sat in church yesterday, I was reminded of what a true hero is. The sermon stated 3 attributes of a true hero; A hero is willing to take a risk, a hero is willing to sacrifice their best for the best of someone else, and a hero is willing to sacrifice their life for another's freedom. John 15:13 states, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." Jesus is my true hero because he chose to sacrifice His life for my freedom. On this Memorial Day, I am so thankful for all of the men and women serving in the military. I am thankful for the sacrifice they are making, the risks they are taking, and the choice they made to do so freely. I am most thankful today for my true hero, Jesus Christ, and for the love He has for me and for you!! Today, as you are spending time with friends and family and remembering the heroes serving in our military and those who have lost their lives serving, consider these two questions: Who is your true hero? Are you truly free?
This blog was originally posted on May 25...

No comments:

Post a Comment