Yesterday I put my two teenage girls on the bus to go to Impact, a great leadership camp in Toccoa, Georgia. I am reminded every day what a true delight they are and I am so blessed to have these amazing girls that love God with all of their hearts. God gave me a passion many years ago to mentor girls and out of that passion He created an amazing group called the Agape Girls©. I am now able to see the fruits of His work through the girls that were in this group, as they are rising seniors in High School. They love the Lord with all of their hearts and are becoming leaders in their church and community. With my focus now on ministering to moms of girls in the preteen and teenage years, I truly believe that "Growing an Agape Girl"© starts first with mom and her relationship with God. I truly delight in my girls and owe it all to Christ and His love!! How priceless is His unfailing love! (Psalm 36:7). You give drink from Your river of delights (Psalm 36:8) I don't know about you, but I am thirsty for that river water! And the great thing is , it is abundantly available for those who seek it and drink it! Consider this today, what are you delighting in? Are you delighting in possessions or status? Today, delight yourself in the Lord (Psalm 37:4). Drink from His river of delight, for it is the fountain of life (Psalm 36:9) and it is contagious!
Lori Sargent© 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment