6/10/2009
Summertime for me means freckles, freckles and more freckles!! When I was young I always thought that when I got older the freckles were going to somehow magically disappear. Well, here I am, all grown up, and still waiting for those spots the sun brought me to magically vanish away. So with the start of summer, I begin my my annual sojourn to the beauty section of the department store in search of that miracle cream that will fade and restore my "uneven skin tone", as the beautician calls it. I was gullible enough to actually purchase quite an expensive cream, not necessarily because I thought it would make my face brighter and more radiant, but mostly because it just made my skin feel so soft. You know the feeling, don't you? I am not against using face creams of any kind and have a load of anti-wrinkle wonder creams in my drawer. But, I am still looking for that miracle fade cream that will make my face more "radiant" and blemish free. I know that my freckles are here to stay and have come to terms with that. I actually couldn't imagine myself freckle free. It is part of who I am and it is how God made me. What matters most is not the outer radiance of my skin and complexion, but the inner radiance of my heart. Psalm 34:5 says, "Those who look to Him are radiant". This is the radiance I want! I want to model Christ's radiance because that is where I will find true radiance. God's word says, " The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word." (Hebrews 1:3) I want to love God and show His love, just as He loves you and me, so that one day, I will be presented to Him as a radiant church, without stain or blemish. Like I said, I know that my freckles are here to stay, there is nothing I can do about that, and really, I wouldn't change that part of me. What I can do though, is try to live each day to glorify Christ and walk in His statutes so that one day I will be presented to Him without stain or blemish!! That's the kind of radiance I seek!! I want to be radiant in Christ! Plus, it's free!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment